Upcoming Important Dates:
Kindergarten 2021-22 Parent Information Night (via Zoom) March 11, 7pm
No School, Professional Development Day April 1 (date change)
No School, Good Friday April 2
Changes Approved by School Committee at 3/3/21 Meeting
- The March 15th Teacher Inservice Day has been postponed. We will follow a regular Monday hybrid school day on March 15th.
- The Teacher Inservice Day has been rescheduled to Thursday, April 1st. There will be NO SCHOOL on this day. As a reminder, there is a scheduled vacation day on April 2nd.
- Students currently in the hybrid model will return to full in-person learning on Monday, April 5th. Students may continue to learn remotely in the APL Program through the end of this school year.
Anticipated School Committee Changes to the 20-21 School Calendar
- Monday, April 12th will move to a NO SCHOOL DAY. This provides our staff, who will be getting their second Moderna vaccine on April 11th, time to recover. Many people report feeling ill after the second dose.
- This will result in an additional school day added to the end of June - much like a snow day.
- To date, we have had one snow day, and we anticipate the addition of one more day to cover the April 12th NO SCHOOL day. This currently places the last day of school on Wednesday, June 16th.
COVID-19 Pooled Testing Program: A Tool to Keep Us in School
As shared in Superintendent Banios' newsletter last week, we are launching a voluntary weekly COVID-19 Pooled Surveillance Testing Program to help keep our students, staff, and community safe and help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Regular COVID-19 testing of students and staff will lower the risk of the disease in our school by quickly finding positive cases of COVID-19. The testing program will also help identify positive cases in people who do not show any symptoms. Testing will allow us to have increased in-person learning while making everyone feel safer when in-person.
Information and consent forms can be found on our COVID-19 Pooled Surveillance Testing Program website.
There are still some seats available on some bus routes. If you are interested in having your child ride the bus, please fill out the HWTransportation Registration form.
Kindergarten Information Night: THIS THURSDAY!
Please join kindergarten teachers and administrators for an information night for incoming kindergarten parents. Please help us spread the word to families and neighbors who have students who will turn five by August 31 and plan to enroll in kindergarten!
Incoming Kindergarten Parent
Thursday, March 11, 2021
7:00 pm on Zoom
Kindergarten Orientation Webinar Link:
Webinar ID: 950 2555 8969
Or Telephone: 301 715 8592
Kindergarten Registration (online only)
2021-2022 School Year
March 15-19, 2021
Please use the checklist on page 2 to identify the required documents and ensure that you have a completed packet before submitting.
Evidence of Residency and Occupancy must be dated within 45 days of submission.
When the registration packet is complete, please attach it and all supporting documents as a separate file(s) to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I continue to offer office hours for parents or students on Thursdays from 10-10:30 through Zoom. It has been a pleasure to see some of you there and I look forward to connecting with more of you! To ensure privacy, I will have the waiting room feature enabled and will be sure to message anyone waiting. Ms. Creilson’s Zoom Link
And as always, feel free to call or email with any concerns or questions you might have.
Cutler School Adjustment Counselor