Upcoming Important Dates:
School Pictures - POSTPONED - STAY TUNED FOR NEW SCHEDULED DATES
No School: Winter Recess December 24-January 1
- It reduces the risk of getting sick with influenza, reduces the severity of disease (including the risk of hospitalization), and prevents the spread of influenza to others.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the influenza vaccine is especially critical to reduce the overall impact of respiratory illness on the population, protect vulnerable populations from severe illness, and decrease the overall burden on the healthcare system.
- Students in Kindergarten – Grade 12 are required to receive influenza vaccine for the current influenza season for school attendance.
- Students must receive the influenza vaccine for the current season by December 31, 2020.
- Medical and religious exemptions are allowable in the state of Massachusetts.
- Any age-appropriate licensed influenza vaccine for the current season fulfills the requirement. This includes injectable and nasal spray vaccine types.
- The school immunization requirements, including the requirement for seasonal influenza vaccine, apply to all Massachusetts students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12, regardless of whether the district is providing instruction in-person, or using a hybrid or remote learning model.