Dates to Remember
ELA MCAS, Grade 4 April 27, 30
Friends of Cutler meeting @ 9am May 2
Math MCAS, Grade 4 May 7, 8 Math MCAS, Grade 5 May 10, 11
Science MCAS, Grade 5 May 17, 18
Memorial Day, No School May 28
This process is complex and takes into consideration a number of factors.
Classroom teachers and I will soon begin to discuss the academic and
social/emotional progress of students and how this affects their placement
for next year. Your child’s teacher has a wealth of knowledge about
each student. Consultation with the specialists gives us more information
about your child and how s/he interacts in different instructional settings.
We seek to create balanced groupings at each grade level. All of us recognize
this complex process as an important part of our professional responsibility
to your children.
please respond in writing to the questions below and submit your response by
May 9 to your child’s teacher. This information will be helpful to us as we work
to create classes that best match your child’s learning style and personality. We
ask that you refrain from requesting a specific teacher by name especially because
our teacher assignments for next year are not yet final. Please understand that the
entire placement team will view the information you share.
child’s educational success. Your continued support makes our school an
exciting and enriching learning environment. If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact me.
- What are your child’s greatest areas of success in school?
- What are your child’s greatest challenges in school?
- What does your child like most about coming to school?
- How would you describe your child’s learning style?
- What type of learning environment would provide your child
Math MCAS, Grade 4 May 7, 8
- Workshops for all levels and interests.
- Performance and song workshop
- Software for creating song sheets
- Playing Folk Songs by ear
- Transpose to Compose
- Fingerpicking and Claw Hammer
- Strum Along Sessions: Including1950's songs by Jerry Dallal and Island themed songs by Anne Ku
- Raffle items